Upcoming Events at CityArts
Aug 5, 2017 | 12:00 PM | Saturday
Contestants who think they have the best cupcake recipe can submit their cupcake to be judged by a panel of local foodies. Three categories will be open: • Novice: This category will be for people who do not professionally produce cupcakes (an independe
Start on : August 5, 2017 12:00 PM Saturday
End on : August 5, 2017 3:00 PM Saturday
Contestants who think they have the best cupcake recipe can submit their cupcake to be judged by a panel of local foodies.
Three categories will be open:
• Novice: This category will be for people who do not professionally produce cupcakes (an independent cupcake maker not making cupcakes for profit).
• Professional: This category will be for a person (or entity) who produces cupcakes professionally (for profit), like a brick and mortar store or through an independent company.
• Specialty: This category will be for a person (novice or professional) who creates specialty cupcakes (vegan or gluten free).
This event will raise funds for art supplies and equipment to help CityArts continue to provide programming opportunities to underserved populations.
Want to enter? - submissions due July 7
- $25 entry fee for contestants
- Capped at 40 participants (15 in novice and professional categories, 10 in specialty category)
- Contestants must bring 4 cupcakes for submission on the day of the event. This will be for judging purposes.
- Contestants should bring additional cupcakes for the public to vote on for best-of-show (up to 100 attendees).
Call (316) 350-3245 to pay your $25 entry fee using Visa or Mastercard. Checks (made payable to The Arts Council) can be mailed to CityArts (334 N. Mead, Wichita, KS 67202) or dropped off at the front desk. Put "Cupcake Challenge" in the memo line.
Want to try some cupcakes?
- Tickets for the event cost $10. This gives patrons full access to the cupcake stations and one voting ballot for best-of-show.
- Ballots give guests the opportunity to taste and vote for the best overall cupcake at the event.
- Event limited to 100 attendees. Get there early to sample all the cupcakes!
Entry form link: